What is Practical Philosophy?
· It is a search for the truth about ourselves. Who am I?
· It is an enquiry into the purpose of our life. What am I doing here?
· It is a study and application of the insights of wisdom. How should I conduct my life?
· It is a longing to find full satisfaction, peace and lasting happiness. Is this all there is?
What does the Practical Philosophy course involve?
· It is not academic and does not necessarily involve homework or reading.
· It is not a history of philosophical thinking or a study of comparative philosophies.
· It involves self knowledge, the discovery of inner peace and principles for a happy life.
· It draws on Platonic wisdom, Judeo Christian spirituality and the Vedantic tradition.
Who are the students of Practical Philosophy?
· Men and women from all walks of life who seek to know the truth about themselves and their world.
· Those who wish to live by what is fine and just principles.
· Those who seek the good company of like minded people, an experienced teacher and a reliable course of study to discover the purpose of their life.
What are the benefits of taking the course?
· An appreciation of the underlying unity to everything.
· Contentment, happiness and connection.
· Finding the peaceful, unchanging and steady anchor within, through study, service and meditation.
· Discovering simple solutions to the seemingly impossible problems of life.
· Transcending limits and finding freedom from habitual responses.
· Cultivating a quiet and attentive mind, an open and compassionate heart, and measure in life.
· Uncovering our full potential and discovering our universal nature; self realization.